News Saudi crown prince, Kuwait’s PM discuss ties 

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia has condemned the deadly terrorist bombing in Afghanistan’s Kandahar province, a foreign ministry statement read early Friday.

A suicide bombing claimed by the Daesh group killed three people on Thursday, said Taliban authorities, while a hospital source put the death toll at 20.

The explosion at around 8:00 am (0330 GMT) targeted a group of people waiting outside the New Kabul Bank branch in central Kandahar city, in the southern province of the same name.

The provincial information department said three people had been killed and 12 were wounded, but a source at a major hospital in the southern city said the toll was much higher.

The foreign ministry reiterated Saudi Arabia’s absolute rejection of these terrorist acts, and its stand with the Afghan people against all forms of violence, extremism, and terrorism.

Saudi Arabia “offered condolences to the families of the victims and the Afghan people, and wished the injured a speedy recovery,” the statement concluded.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*